Logib is the Confederation's standard analysis tool for assessing equal pay practices. It is free, anonymous, secure and easy to use. Independent third parties have confirmed that Logib is based on sound scientific methods that conform to legal requirements. Logib is internationally recognised. In addition to the UN Public Service Award, it has received the EPIC Good Practice Label from the Equal Pay International Coalition (OECD, ILO, and UN Women).
Logib is being upgraded. As of 1 July 2020 the Excel-based application is being replaced with a powerful, modern webtool. This meets the latest application and data privacy requirements, and provides additional interesting gender-specific indicators alongside the actual equal pay analysis. The tool was upgraded in several stages and has been successfully tested in a pilot. The Excel version is still available, particularly for an international audience, but will not be developed further.
Changes to the Gender Equality Act come into force on 1 July 2020
The Gender Equality Act now requires employers with 100 or more employees to conduct an equal pay analysis, have it verified by an independent body and inform the employees of the result. The aim is to enforce the constitutional right to equal pay for work of equal value.
What HR experts say about the new webtool
Self-assessment for companies
You can find out yourself whether your company complies with the requirement of equal pay for men and women by conducting an analysis with Logib. Once your data has been imported into Logib, it takes just a few minutes for it to be evaluated. Detailed user instructions and the answers to frequently asked questions make Logib easy for you to use.
Your pay data will not be saved. Only you can access it.
Advantages of Logib
- Logib produces meaningful equal pay analyses with a minimum of effort on your part.
- In addition to the results of the equal pay analysis, Logib delivers further useful reports and figures to help identify gender-specific differences.
- Logib is a free service provided by the federal government.
- Logib is constantly being upgraded with the aim of reducing the time and effort involved for companies and increasing the quality of the service.
- There are many additional services available on the market, such as Logib training, consultations and certificates.
- If your company applies for public procurement contracts or subsidies, you can use Logib to provide the required proof of compliance with the equal pay requirement.